While growing up, you may be growing physically, but your mind and heart stay the same – you’re still that child who has a fun, innocent, and wild imagination!
Yes, growing is unavoidable, and we can’t deny that, but keep in mind that preserving your inner child is important.
Your inner child allows you to view things differently, it enables you to see things positively, which is ideal for self-growth and development.
And most importantly, without it, you won’t be able to find true happiness in life.
Inner child quotes that will help you get rid of your immaturities
To better understand what your inner child is and how to nurture it, I’ve collected 52 inner child quotes that will help you develop yourself in a better way.
1. “We nurture our creativity when we release our inner child. Let it run and roam free. It will take you on a brighter journey.” ― Serina Hartwell
2. “The problem with inner child is that if it keeps showing too often, people label you as childish.” ― Shon Mehta
3. “Many of us are guilty of not taking enough time to dial into our inner child’s voice.” ― Kim Ha Campbell
4. “By connecting your inner child to your internal being, you bring out the hero in you that is inside all of us.” ― Kim Ha Campbell
5. “I am animated by my joyful life. I let my inner child feel loved and experience joy every day.” ― Amy Leigh Mercree
6. “By staying open-minded and listening to the needs and desires of your inner child, you open yourself up to the possibilities of anything and everything.” ― Kim Ha Campbell
7. “The best stories come from deep within us and are of us. Either our inner child comes out to play and makes all things possible, or we mold our characters and events from our own experiences, or our dreams of wanting to experience.” ― Judith Kohnen
8. “Acknowledge your inner child. Even though we have found the light in ourselves today, we sometimes forget to heal old wounds of our past. Your inner child still needs to be loved in order to heal the complete self.” ― Karen A. Baquiran
9. “When we practice self-compassion, we look after ourselves just as though we are nurturing a small child. In fact, a major part of grieving our original pain work (so that we can heal and be emotionally liberated) is to re-parent ourselves and reconnect with our inner child.” ― Anonymous
10. “This is what the author, John Bradshaw, meant by ‘reclaiming our inner child.’ In recovery, we can begin to nurture our inner child and connect deeply with our heart and spirit.” ― Christopher Dines
11. “When my inner child tries to hold me back, I ignore the uproar and run the other way.” ― Charles F. Glassman
12. “I wondered about my inner child. In fact, I was troubled. Did I even have an inner child, I asked myself, given that, in essence, I’d just been born?” ― Sol Luckman
13. “Stop!” She advances on me with the most severe, stern look I’ve ever seen from her, and she yells in a strong voice. “No more. Get it out of your head, Kai! We are not running. This is happening whether you like it or not. It’s time to get your game face on and get ready to kick some ass.”
Holy… I honestly didn’t think her capable of this kind of verbal badassery. Even in handcuffs she has taken control, walloped me, and forced my whiney inner child into a corner.” — Wendy Higgins
14. “See the world through the eyes of your inner child.
The eyes that sparkle in awe and amazement as they see love, magic and mystery in the most ordinary things.” — Henna Sohail
15. “So many moments of potential holiday joy got buried in the pain of our abuse. Now these days offer us a chance to give our inner child the gift of caring. Sometimes it’s as simple as asking, “What do you want?” Most often the answer is a small thing. Be a Santa to your wounded child and feel the healing passed forward to you.” — Jeanne McElvaney
16. “Learning to embrace and savor rejection is one of the best things that entrepreneurs can do. Launching a startup is the time to find your ever-optimistic inner child again.” — Alejandro Cremades
17. “But there still seemed to be no clear answers. Do you take care of others or take care of your “inner child?” Return to traditional values or reject tradition as useless? Seek success or seek simplicity? Just Say No or Just Do It?” — Mitch Albom
18. “The endless list of do’s and don’ts handed down while growing up, gradually and unconsciously distance us from the inner child.” — Santosh Joshi
19. “Within us all is a radiant inner child bathed in joy.” — Amy Leigh Mercree
20. “Caring for your inner child has a powerful and surprisingly quick result: Do it and the child heals.” ―Martha Beck
21. “It sounds corny, but I’ve promised my inner child that never again will I ever abandon myself for anything or anyone else again.” ―Wynonna Judd
22. 22. “With writing music and writing songs and recording music and coming up with stuff, you need to kind of re-engage that kind of inner child to come up with interesting perceptions.” ―Michael Kiwanuka
23. “I kind of forgot about the inner child in me that loved old horror movies.” ―Robert Englund
24. “No. No. I don’t listen to anyone except my… inner child anyway. If someone had said to me, Amy, lose a stone which they wouldn’t – I don’t think I would have listened anyway.” ―Amy Winehouse
25. “What makes me feel alive is community, connectedness. Certainly family, parenting, relationships, friendship. All the way into colleague relationships and relationship with spirit, relationship with one’s own self and inner child, and animals, earth, planet. Fostering and nurturing and really focusing on connection – connection in relationship with others and my own self and God. When I don’t feel connected in all those three areas, life is not very good.” ―Alanis Morissette
26. “I believe that this neglected, wounded, inner child of the past is the major source of human misery.” ― John Bradshaw
27. “When the inner child finds a guardian angel, publishers are in heaven.” ― Wendy Kaminer
28. “We all have monsters inside of us, and we all have an inner child in us. You always think about your inner child as being the sweet and innocent part of yourself, but it’s also the part that’s all ego with the mentality of, “If the world isn’t pleasing me, it isn’t doing its job.” ― Finn Wittrock
29. “I’d like to see people worry less about their inner child and more about their outer adult.” ―Ron Bennington
30. “Most of the writers I know have somehow managed to stay in touch with that inner child who’s never heard of such a thing as an internal editor.” ― JoAnn Ross
31. “When our inner child is not nurtured and nourished, our minds gradually close to new ideas, unprofitable commitments and the surprises of the Spirit.” ― Brennan Manning
32. “Raising kids these days is hard. I’m the second to last child in my family. I think it’s tough; I have two kids, I see them and I feel like I see things in them; they awaken the inner child in you” ― Gore Verbinski
33. “It is necessary you keep your inner child alive and well. While our adulthoods are a relentless assault of unrealistic demands and enormous responsibility, the ever-curious inner child asks the vital questions, like, “Why is this important” and, “Will this make me happy?” ― Beau Taplin
34. “Our inner child is still in there somewhere, aching to be let loose from all the layers we’ve piled on over the years. Why not break him or her out for the day or even a moment? Be playful. Blow some bubbles. Skip around the block. Feel the freedom. Take fearlessness out for a test run. Let yourself have some fun.” ― Lynn Hasselberger
35. “When we’re all living in the space of the inner child, loving, honoring, respecting, and embracing its desires, we are at peace.” ― Kim Ha Campbell
36.“This moment is sacred, I am now ready, willing, and able to embrace my inner child…
All is well” ―Louise l Hey
37. “The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.” ―Stephan
38. “Your inner child gets it all, believes it all, hopes for it all, and is the only guardian worthy of your heart. That child knows that life – which runs on love and feasts on creativity – is on your side, and that the universe conspires with you, not against you, to help you spread that wild, crazy, messy love through your own story. Please, don’t grow up…” ― Andrea Balt
39. “For the adult who could not safely be a child, play is incredibly healing… and it can be uncomfortable and even scary. So much of the healing of our world begins in healing the inner child who rarely, if ever, got to come out and play.” ― Vince Gowmon
40. “The inner child never wants to hurt anyone; your inner child always comes from a place of love.” ― Kim Ha Campbell
41. “Honor your inner child by losing yourself in simple pleasures.” “When we’re all living in the space of the inner child, loving, honoring, respecting, and embracing its desires, we are at peace.” ― Kim del Valle Walker
42. “Awaken your inner child with new imagination and new innocence, discover a new you – a new world.” ― Liz
43. “When we honor our inner child’s feelings, we release the emotional hurts that we’re still subconsciously carrying around.” ― Patricia Hope
44. “Each day I greet my inner child with love and gratitude, I allow the innocence, playfulness and beauty to shine bright. I give my inner child the space to come out and play.” ― Lee Horbachewski
45. “Never forget your inner child. Some of us were robbed of our childhoods, so take time to be a kid again; Jump on furniture, eat some ice cream while watching cartoons, run barefoot in the rain – it’s never too late to connect with your inner child.” ― Kate J. Tate
46. “Some people think ignoring their inner child makes them seem grown-up. When I see someone ignoring a crying child, I think they’re an asshole” ― Jay Bell
47. “Above all, never let age extinguish your inner child” ― S. ajna
48. “Gardening can bring out the inner child, and sometimes, especially after all that time out in the hot sun, it can bring out the inner surrealist. When the urge comes over you to construct a zucchini zeppelin or a tomato truck, give in to your muse and then document [photograph] your masterpiece, preferably against an uncluttered background.” ― Bart Barlow
49. “Never forget your inner child” ― Sixties and 60
50. “Unleash your inner child, be a little wild.” ― Laura E. Brusseau
51. “Where is that inner child that used to love life so much? It’s time to reconnect… Happiness and success depend on the child that you still carry within” ― Roxana Jones
52. “Always bring out your inner child, be young at heart always, life is beautiful.” ― Anonymous
So, whenever you’re stressed or facing difficulties, unleash your inner child and forget your problems for a while.
I hope these inner child quotes can give you some inspiration to know your inner child more, and maybe try to do Inner Child Meditation to nurture your inner child.
Allen Wei is someone who believes in living his best life, focusing on balance, happiness, and relaxation. He fosters a positive lifestyle in terms of his body, mind, and environment, and he is a huge proponent of learning to be balanced via relaxation techniques integrated into our busy lives.
Last Updated on