With a growing economy and overall development, our lives are getting busier day by day and peace is something that has become almost non-existent. Amidst multitasking and chaos, it has become difficult to calm our minds and relax for a while.
Everything collectively brings a lot of stress and anxiety. It’s important for you to know that you can heal your mind through a technique called meditation for Reiki, which is pseudo-science based on qi (chi), our life force. There are so many people who opt for Reiki meditation in order to heal their heart, mind, and sometimes diseases too.
Do you want to be a Certified Usui Reiki Healing Master? Check the latest Reiki Certification Program for it.
Reiki meditation was first ideated by a Japanese Buddhist monk called Mikao Usui, it was intended for natural healing without using medicines and drugs.
It is a unique technique which involves using hands which transfers life energy into the body. The meaning of the word Reiki is spiritually guided energy that comes from life force.
The methods of Reiki Meditation are quite different from the nuances of meditations of other kinds like meditation for concentration, wealth and prosperity and the one we can practice while driving.
How to do Meditation for Reiki?
Reiki meditation is a process which brings a sense of peace, silence, and tranquility in the mind. There are four steps you need to follow to practice meditation for Reiki.
Step 1. Cleansing the entire system
- Sit down or lie down. Be in a comfortable position, but your back should be straight.
- Calm yourself and relax. You should be in a composed state of mind.
- Start taking deep breaths.
- Visualize yourself inhaling positive things that make you happy and exhale out negative feelings like anxiety and depression.
- Repeat this 10 times and it will relax your mind.
This step will relax your mind and then you can move forward to the next step.
Step 2. Chakra forces
There are seven chakras in your body from the head to the base of your spine and your hand positions during Reiki meditation decides how you will be benefited with practice. So, here are the steps you need to practice for Chakra meditation for Reiki.
- Place your hands on each chakra of your body for a few minutes, but do it when you need. There is no need to place your hand on your throat if you don’t want to do Reiki for that particular chakra.
- You can keep your hand in the same position for more time according to your need. Your hand will connect you to the real sensations of your body.
- As your hand is on the chakra, imagine that the life force belonging to that particular chakra is entering your body to cause the healing effect.
- Let this process continue for some time so that the energy you have gained will reverberate.
After these steps, you get rejuvenated and feel deeply relaxed.
Step 3. Hands healing
Through Reiki, you can also heal your hands. Here’s how you can do it.
- Place your palms together and put them on the top of your head.
- Try to be true to the moment and attentively listen to your body.
- Breathe deeply and slowly and remove all the negatives. This will bring positivity in your system.
- Now, place your hands on your forehead and then on the back of your head.
- Move your hands to your throat and put one hand gently on it and the other one should be on the back of your neck.
- Relax while holding it for some time.
- Move your hands to the back of your shoulders, with your fingers facing down, on the chest and so on.
You need to feel the energy at each juncture of your body. It will relax your whole body.
Step 4. Prayer
Now, you need to get your hands in the prayer position to complete the healing process.
- Put your hands in the prayer position in front of your chest.
- Sit with your back straight.
- Do deep breathing and feel the energy within.
- You need to do this for 3-5 minutes.
The healing process is completed and now you will feel energized and ignited.
Caution: You need to be aware that your body shouldn’t feel pain. If you feel any pain, then you should withdraw meditation for Reiki. Remember, meditation for Reiki is to heal your body and not to add to the suffering. You should practice Reiki meditation only when you’re confident of executing the same.
9 Benefits of Reiki Meditation
1. Invokes deep relaxation, thereby releasing stress and tension
The best part about Reiki meditation is that it brings a sense of body consciousness. By doing so, you feel more calm and relaxed. It provides a place where you can know more about yourself and what’s going on inside your body and mind. Subsequently, you will be able to make wise decisions regarding aspects of your life.
It brings mindfulness and you start living in the moment. Being in the present only means that you will be able to perceive things as they are without any biases that have roots in your predilection.
2. Improves schedule
If you are someone who has sleeping disorders and takes meals at odd timings, then Reiki meditation will do the trick for you. In general, there are many benefits of meditation for Reiki and discipline is one of them.
You start feeling relaxed and calm and it aids your sleep too. Peaceful sleep is what you start getting once you start your meditation journey for Reiki. This overall will help you build a better schedule which is healthy for you.
3. Relieves pain and helps in the physical healing of the body
Reiki meditation is used for treating body pains just by executing some hand placements. It improves the vital functions of the body like digestion, metabolism, and breathing, so your physical systems start functioning properly.
Reiki meditation also helps to cure symptoms of asthma, chronic fatigue, menopausal symptoms, and insomnia.
4. Enhances immunity
If you practice Reiki meditation on a regular basis, you start developing immunity in your body.
You start staying fit and less vulnerable to diseases and even if you start showing symptoms, you can always use Reiki for healing, along with proper medication. Immunity improvement helps you live a healthy life.
5. Incorporates harmony and balance in the body
Due to anxiety, depression, and sadness, many people have dysfunctional minds and bodies. Mere inattentiveness and body consciousness lead to accidents. The mind remains in a perpetual state of a conundrum. Indecisiveness is something that becomes an integral part of the nature of such minds.
However, if you practice meditation for Reiki, then you start living in the moment and gain body and mind consciousness, which brings upon balance and harmony in the body, subsequently imbuing equanimity.
6. Inculcates concentration
Amid worries and a lot of chores to be done, more often than not, we fall short of focus and concentration. Once you start practicing Reiki meditation, you will see improvement in terms of focus.
You will be able to devote your full attention to a particular work, which will improve your results. This will make you grow in your personal and professional life as you will be able to function in a more effective manner with a high sense of focus.
7. Provides natural balance between mind, body, and spirit
You transform into a more balanced state of being, which makes you cope with stress and anxiety in a better way. It increases your learning ability by sharpening your mind and creating thought clarity.
It can heal your wounds which are rooted in bad experience from your past. If you practice Reiki, you will start showing improvement in handling relationships and maintaining a balance between everything.
In short, you get the ability to make everyone happy without being confused and miserable yourself. Reiki meditation makes you more open to people and you become someone who offers love unconditionally. It will help your relationships grow for good.
8. Cleanses toxins from the body
If you are someone who has lived on junk food for years, then Reiki meditation will be very helpful in cleaning the toxins in your body. Once you start practicing Reiki meditation, the inner toxins in your body start dying slowly and gradually you become free from those.
However, you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle once you undergo cleansing. Also, this can be a continuous process helping you live a healthier life.
9. It supplements therapy and treatment
If you are suffering from a disease and going through a treatment, it will catalyze the process of healing. Even psychological treatment, if backed with Reiki meditation, does wonders.
Although, you need to consult your doctor or the subject matter expert for that therapy or treatment before starting Reiki meditation so as not to incur any adverse effects.
Meditation for Reiki is a very effective way to heal your mind, body, and soul, and it has a gamut of benefits.
If you want to learn more about Reiki and want to be a Certified Usui Reiki Healing Master, I recommed you join the latest Reiki Certification Program.
However, it is also important for you to know that expert advice is a must and Reiki meditation isn’t the only thing that will do the healing. Reiki meditation aids the process of healing and can always be used as a complementary process.
Allen Wei is someone who believes in living his best life, focusing on balance, happiness, and relaxation. He fosters a positive lifestyle in terms of his body, mind, and environment, and he is a huge proponent of learning to be balanced via relaxation techniques integrated into our busy lives.
Last Updated on